Before you Begin
Welcome to Clean In Clean Out - Minnesota's class on Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) law.
- If you are convicted of or subject to a final order for a violation of Minnesota Statute 84D (Aquatic Invasive Species laws) involving water-related equipment, you must successfully complete this class before continuing operation or use of water-related equipment.
- Unsure if your citation is an AIS violation? AIS violations include:
- Transporting aquatic plants on public road
- Launch with plants attached
- Transport or possess prohibited species
- Launch into waters with AIS attached
- Failure to drain water/have drain plug out
- Transport water without permit
- Have your citation number handy to enter when you finish the class.
- This class is available online to anyone interested in learning about AIS laws in Minnesota.
- The class should take about 15-20 minutes to complete, depending on your selections as you go. At the end you will be asked to enter your name (and citation number if applicable)
- You will receive a certificate after completing the class to keep for your records.
- If you need to complete this class with a paper packet instead of online, contact the DNR to request a paper copy.
TTY: 651-296-5484 or 800-657-3929
Begin Training Course